• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click-and-drag highlighting in a simulation (Captivate 9)

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to correctly simulate a click-and-drag highlight interaction on a Captivate simulation?  I'm working in Excel and want students to highlight two columns by clicking and dragging the mouse.  I could just place a click box over both column headers that would work when they released the mouse, but when they're in the process of highlighting the columns, the students won't experience the actual interaction (where the columns highlight as you drag across).  For two columns, this isn't a huge deal, but there will be more interactions later on in the development of this course that will require more highlights than just two columns and I'd like to be able to simulate the actual interaction as closely as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals can provide!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking you would need JavaScript to do this as you need to evaluate two events at the same time. It would only work for HTML5.

If you are using SWF you would need to create a swf animation or widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear @mikemartinlfs. I ran into your post today looking for an answer to the same exact question. Do you by any chance have any updates? I would really appreciate it. Thank your very much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump.

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources