• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions whole project setting

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to create closed captions, and I know how to change their position for the individual slide/ for the project. 

I want to be able to give the learner the option at the beginning of project to choose if they would like closed captions on or off. 

Could anyone please step me through if this is achievable?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The System Variable cpCmndCC can be set to either 0 or 1 to control the visibility of the Closed Captioning.  Give them a button near the beginning of the course where clicking the button will Assign the system variable accordingly.  I would have CC off by default and ask them if they want to turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, 

Thanks for your reply, you might have to explain a little deeper for me please. 

I have found the system variable and it is currently set to 0 , how do I go about assigning it to a button ? 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to do so.

If you are using a default playbar, it can have a CC button which can be used to turn CC on. By default CC is off when you don't edit that setting. That may be the easiest way: point to that button and explain the learner.

If you don't use a default playbar, you can create a custom button to turn CC On and Off. You could use the shared action explained in detail in this post, which is based on a multistate button:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/1-action-equals-5-toggle-buttons

I had included that action in the Library provided with my presentation about Advanced and Shared actions.

If you really want to offer a clear choice on the first slide, you can do this also in many ways:

• by using a Text Entry Box with two choices: CC On and CC Off
  • by using the Radiobuttons interaction with two choices: : CC On and CC Off

Both scenarios store the choice in a variables, which I'll label 'v_choice'. You will then need a button which triggers a conditional action checking that variable:

IF v_choice is equal to 'CC On'

Assign cpCmndCC with 1

ELSE

Assign cpCmndCC with 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

I used the CC in the playbar option, and will direct learners to this at the beginning of the project. 

Thanks again for your swift help ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine. To close the thread and help future users, is it possible to indicate one or more answers as Correct please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources