• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combine PPTX slides and videos in sequence to make one video

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a video that combines slides and videos in sequence.  Ths is not an elearning project. The goal is to create a demonstration video that has no user interaction. I am using Captivate 2019 on Mac Book Pro (Catalina)

For example, I expected I could make all of these little videos and then stitch them together in sequence: 

1. Intro (.pptx slide with narration > output as MP4)
  2. Step 1 (.pptx slide with narration > output as MP4) In step 1, How to turn the crank.
  3. Video segment of me turning the crank and me explaing with more detail what's going on.
  4. Step 2. (.pptx slide with narration output as MP4) In Step 2, I lock the crank in place.
  5. Video segment of me locking the crank in place and explaining in more detail what's going on. 
  6. etc.

Is what I'm describing possible? I am new to Captivate. I have looked through the help and online but I don't know what language Captivate would use to describe this thing.

Does anyone know how I could do this?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While what you suggest is possible, I would recommend you DO NOT use PowerPoint. Build your slides from the start in Captivate with recorded audio and animation etc.  That will give you far better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree with Rod about using PPT import.  For the video slides, be sure to use Video Demo (cpvc slides). You can record them directly in a cptx-project. Find 'vVideo Demo' undeer the big button 'Slides'. The capture screen will in that case automatically be sized to the resolution you did set up for the cptx-project (which has normal slides). 

You will need to do some testing to see the result after publishing to passive video... do not use video slides which are too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, RodWard and Lilybiri. Interesting, OK, I'll try that. It's a bummer. I have to recreate all the company branding in Captivate. 

And then, do either of you know how to drop other videos in sequence in between those slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tip: unzip the pptx-file (you have to change the extensio nto zip). You will be able to recorver some assets. Import those to the Library of a new cptx project to start developing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate gives you two options for adding video.  Slide video or Event Video.  If you don't know the differences then you need to get some training.

But one of the good things about Captivate is that if you build everything using native Captivate functionality you have much more creative scope than if you start off with something like PPT, which limits severely what you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I did look at the Adobe Captivte tutorials and looked on YouTube to learn about these slide types. The explanations for these two slide types focus on how they are used in e-learning. That is different that what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to string videos together to make one long video that does not need user interaction. 

If you can point me to some online tutorials that explain this, that would be a help. I couldn't find any that seem to fit my goal. Thanks for your responses so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use a video edirot to create passive video? I don't see why you would ned an eLearning authorting tool to create that type of output? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Only because this is the tool I have. 🙂

Maybe it is the wrong tool? (I used Camtasia I long while ago. Perhaps it that would be better?). I'm meeting with a local Captivate developer a little later today. I'll share whatever I learn with the community.

Thanks for your responses and help.

- Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you publish an Adobe Captivate project to MP4 video by default it will be a continuous video even though there are multiple slides involved.  MP4 is not an interactive format.  So unless you pause the video itself using controls on the video player app, it would normally just keep playing until the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources