• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Image Buttons to Smart Shape Buttons

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been given a 150 slide Captivate project which uses image buttons instead of smartshape buttons. They would like the output as an Interactive PDF. Is there anway to easily convert image buttons to smartshape buttons? Alternatively is there any option that would allow image buttons to work properly in an interactive PDF?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Unfortunately no.  They are completely different object types.  The only thing they have in common is that they can be used as buttons.

You should explain to your client that SWF and anything Flash is unlikely to work after the end of this year and in many cases will not work for end users even now because many browser manufacturers have already stopped supporting Flash. 

So although your client might like the idea of an interactive PDF, they need to consider the fact that all the work creat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive pdf is based on SWF, do you realise what that means? Flash Player is almost dead.

Which type of buttons is irrelevant. Personally I hae never used any image button since the release of CP6, which was more than 7 years ago. Image buttons, text buttons are old types. There is no easy way to convert image buttons or to use the images directly as buttons (which is possible in version 11.5). You have to find the images, they have been used in a graphics application to create the image buttons etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, yes I understand completely, that's why I'm asking the question. I can easily recreate the buttons but the thought of having to manually change over 500 buttons, including updating advanced actions for each, is a nightmare. The client unfortunately is rather behind the times and although I've tried to encourage them to avoid the interactive PDF route, this is their requirement.

I know how to recreate the buttons, my question is actually - Is there any way of swapping one button type for another in Captivate to save me some time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately no.  They are completely different object types.  The only thing they have in common is that they can be used as buttons.

You should explain to your client that SWF and anything Flash is unlikely to work after the end of this year and in many cases will not work for end users even now because many browser manufacturers have already stopped supporting Flash. 

So although your client might like the idea of an interactive PDF, they need to consider the fact that all the work creating it is likely to be wasted, and their attempt to use it will probably end up causing a deluge of complaints and support calls that will make them look foolish for even attempting it. 

YOU on the other hand will look very up-to-date for telling them NOT to go that route.  So all is not lost, eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources