• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting to HTML5

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the upcoming discontuation of Flash, we are in the process of converting to HTML5.  We are having the following issue. 

When I launch it from my PC it worked fast and great. When I launch it from the interal Web site web server mapped drive, it is a little slower to load but it does and then works fine. The issue is when it is actually published and running through the web server on interal web site via link; at this point it just sits-and-spins.

I have Captivate 2019 Release (11.5.1.499); I see that there is an update available (11.5.5) so, I will try loading that. I have used the HTML Tracker and it did not return any issues. I have created the HTML5 file as 800x600 with no HTML scaling.

I’ve tried everything that I can think of; I welcome any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

HTML tracker is not perfect. There may be some incompatibility remaining in the project. By definition it will never load as quickly as the former SWF version, but eternal spinning is not to be expected. I doubt that the patch update would solve anything, it is meant for other bugs.

Is the server supporting JSON?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML tracker is not perfect. There may be some incompatibility remaining in the project. By definition it will never load as quickly as the former SWF version, but eternal spinning is not to be expected. I doubt that the patch update would solve anything, it is meant for other bugs.

Is the server supporting JSON?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

Thank you for your help, that did the trick.  As soon as JSON fuctionality was turned on everthing worked. 

Thank you!

Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy fix... glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources