• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Course completion slides after completing multi-sco course

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a course that is made up of 5 modules (multi-sco course that is packaged using the Multi-SCORM Packager). Each module has a quiz of 5 questions that is completely independent of the other modules. The user is able to complete any module in any order.

After completing all 5 modules, I would like to have some slides describing to the user their next steps.

How do I go about doing this? 

My first thought was to have a conditional statement such that if quiz is complete for each module, show slides. Do variables pass from one module to another? Is this a viable solution or is there an easier built-in solution?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default User Variable values to not get passed from one SCORM module to another.  The SCORM standard actually prohibits any SCO looking outside itself for data or components required to run.  So, Captivate does not provide a way to do this.

However, if users are NOT likely to be using different devices to complete all modules in a Multi-SCORM course then JavaScript coding might provide a way to achieve what you want.  You can use JavaScript to store data in the web browser's Local Storage area.  If you do not know how to program in JavaScript then you would need to engage the services of a programmer to do this for you. 

Another option is to use features provided by the Infosemantics CpExtra HTML5 widget to write and retrieve variable data from Local Storage.  But even then, you might need to engage someone with more IT skills to get the exact result you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. In that case, is there a way to "force" the user to complete the modules sequentially that you are aware of? This way, I can just tack on slides at the end of the last module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is typically something you can set up in each decent LMS.  It allows to define rules for each learner: second module only becomes available when the first has been finished etc.. No need for Mutliscorm packager. Personally I would prefer that approach if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If  you are using Multi-SCORM and your LMS supports SCORM 2004 then you can build in sequencing rules via the MultiSCORM Packager tool.  The ability to add these rules was a major enhancement of SCORM 2004.  It wasn't an option in SCORM 1.2. 

Some LMSs also provide this kind of functionality but in a different way by allowing you to specify the order but outside of the SCORMs themselves or their imsmanifest.xml file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources