• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 2019 update 2 video embed issues

Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to embed a vimeo video using the interactive video feature. When I do I have 2 issues.

1. the video quality of the first 5 or so seconds is terrible and then eventually corrects. I placed a 10 second slide before the video hoping it would preload and play correctly. It does not help at all.

2. The vimeo play bar is not visible on publish.  In this case it is not critical because i am using a custom play/pause button but i may want the vimeo playbar in the future.

thank much

Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you with the first question.

Second question: interactive video means that the video is synchronized with Captivate's timeline. In that case the playbar of Vimeo will not be visible, you could create buttons with Captivate's functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For question one, I've noticed the same thing. I suspect it begins playing at a lower resolution until it's downloaded enough of the video to play it at a higher rate. It probably does this so that the video remains in sync with your project and any interactive elements you add.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jus tout of curiosity (only used videos from my system so far): is this also happening for YouTube videos? Does it depend on the video resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube does this where you start out at a lower resolution and as bandwidth increases the resolution goes up.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about youtube having the same issue. However I am sure both youtube and vimeo embeds  DO NOT do this outside of CP,  especially vimeo. Vimeo is known for outstanding video quality. It seems to me this is due to CP.

If anyone has a workaround please let me know. Because 5-8 seconds of poor video at the start for each video is really unworkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sure that YouTube does this when the network is poor. You can see it when Wi-Fi is slow. It will start out at a lower resolution and only improve when the network improves, or when enough of the video has been cached. I've seen this outside of Captivate all the time. It might be happening because you are not only streaming video from the internet but also loading your eLearning project at the same time. Hopefully, Adobe has a solution for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you seeing the issue on preview only or you could see it in published output on LMS. Please let us know. We will definitely look into it.

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do see it when I publish. I am not using an LMS for this project . I have also reached Out to Vimeo on this issue and waiting for reply.

As I said earlier I think the issue is CP. I have used Vimeo in the past and have not encountered this problem.

If if you could look into it I would appreciate it. As of now it is holding up the project.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. We are looking into it.

Regards,

Shivani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You can reduce the bit rate using MediaEncouder 

Paul Willson's video here, I hope that helps

https://youtu.be/1j43vcFZNX0

In this video, I will show you how to optimize your video for your Adobe Captivate eLearning project and get rid of pesky buffering. *Do you need help with Adobe Captivate?* https://captivateteacher.com/how-i-can-help *Subscribe to my channel for FREE:* https://goo.gl/iuA6Lm *Unlock Premium ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources