• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp "Assets" Library with slides I CAN'T Insert?

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickly, just realize that I *am* in Assets (Library) and NOT in Discover. So shouldn't assets that live under Assets ALL be selectable? I did a search for "results" slides and the three I was given... I would select any one of them and the INSERT SLIDE does NOT illumnate, so it's not actually selectable. What's up with that? 

SlideNotSelectable.png

TOPICS
Download assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... Normally a Results slide will be inserted automatically in a project after you have created Question slides.  Do you have Question slides in the project?

I did a quick check. Something is indeed not very logical about having ready-to-go Results slides. If I had a question slide from the same project in the Assets, the results slide was available but would never be inserted in the project.  Normally when you insert a ready-to-go slide, you can see all the Master slides of that project when that particular slide is selected. But some of the Quick Start projects do not have the required master slides designed as they should be. 

I didn't check all of them. If their theme was set up correctly (wihch is not the case for all, especially not for the non-responsive projects) you could insert one slide from that QSP and apply the theme to the Results slide in the original project. 

The filtered list you showed has only 3 slides, I have 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I get how the "results" slides would come along with the "Projects" > Projects, but then you move that little slider (in the asset library, under the search text box field) to "Slides" it still brings up the 3 "results" slide. 

I started with a blank project , and then pulled "QUIZ" slides from the "slides" in the asset library. I had already inserted a results side the first go around, so maybe that is why I am not "allowed" to add a different results slide because, (says Captivate... "oh, you don't need this, you already have one in your project.")

#2- I tried a Blank Project and then went to QUIZ --> Question Slide. After I chose 5 MCs, it ALSO went ahead and automatically added the Quiz Results slide (with me having to do anything). And again, I can go to Media -> Asset Library -> Asset -> Slides (Slider) -> "results" in search field...  and again, it will not allow me to insert a result slides.

#3 I also tried to delete the (auto made) Quiz Results slides to see if I could delete the auto-magic quiz results slide, and put in one from the Asset Library. It didn't like that so much:

2020-02-05_15-15-36.png

And indeed, it kept the slide in the filmstrip, but set the slide to HIDE slide. So Cp still knows theres a Results Slide in there, and refuseld to insert any of the Results slides. 

I wonder if your not supposed to search for a "results" slide, but they need to be in the search as part of a BUNCH Of slides (aka "Project" option)

Alison 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

<<<NOT SEEING WHERE DELETE POST IS>>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources