• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cpcmndtocvisible not working for phones

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am using Adobe captivate 2019 for a responsive project. I am using system variable cpcmndtocvisible to show and hide with advance action on a custom button.

It didn't worked on phone (I tried iPhone 6, iPhone 11 and Samsung 8.

When I preview the project I noticed that toc is shown if width is 481px or wide. it didn't show if width is less than 480px or less.

Any idea how to solve it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you talk about width, do you mean the width of the TOC (minimum width is 250px) or the width of the mobile browser, or even the width of the cptx project?

BTW system variables are case sensitive. You are talking about cpCmndTOCVisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the project on LMS(moodle) but TOC was working on laptop but not on phones.

Then I previewed the project from 'Preview>From this slide' option. I user the bar on top to increase and decrease the width and found that TOC starts working when the width is 481px or more. TOC is not displayed if the width is 480px or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just the way that the TOC is designed to work.  If there's not enough room to display it, it will be hidden.

If your TOC is currently set to be a Separate TOC (on one side) try changing it to be an overlay TOC that slides in and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am doing a responsive project so TOC settings already show

Style:  Overlay

Position: Left

Width: 250 (This is minimum, it can be set).

However, it works on phones also if I use the (show/hide) icon on the top left corner. then TOC slides in and out on the left side until the width is 481px or more. With width 480px or less, it pops up in the middle(no sliding) but only with show/hide icon on the top left corner. But it didn't work if I show/hide with the cpCmndTOCVisible system variable in advance action with the shape button at width 480 or less.

It could be an Adobe Captivate design issue, how TOC is shown with changing the value of the variable. Then we can't use this feature for all devices and the project ceases to be a responsive project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources