• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a link to a captivate project so I can share with non-captivate users or on a website?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Right now, the only way I see that I can share a project is through zip-condensing the captivate project file, sharing that project folder link through dropbox, then the recipient unzips the entire file and clicks on the index.html.

Certainly there must be a better way to provide a project link (I hope)? The file size is too large for github, so ... help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the published project to a webserver, and send the URL as link. You can install a webserver on a system or use services like amazon.aws. Here is an example, I uploaded to my domain:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/AnswerChoice/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am stuck.  I'm using AWS.  I've created a public bucket.  I've uploaded my published Captivate folder (a zip folder) to the bucket.  I've made it public.  But I cannot seem to drill into the fodler to see the file contents.  So, I can't select the index.html file to find it's URL specifically.  I can only get the URL to the zip folder.  I know that to share my Captivate project, it's the index.html file, I need to share via it's URL.  Any ideas what I might be missing??  Thanks in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be zipped up. Just upload the unzipped version of your folder to your Amazon S3 (AWS) account. I like to make my bucket public instead of constantly setting the public setting for all my uploaded projects. This way everything that you upload is public which is fine for sharing purposes. Keep that in mind when publishing sensitive or proprietary content. In cases where you are sharing private content or content that cannot be shared publicly, consider using https://www.reviewmyelearning.com  instead.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paul to the rescue again!  Thank you so much!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I use when I need to share my eLearning projects with subject matter experts or stakeholders. https://youtu.be/tFAxIAdISJM

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Lily and Paul ... looks like AWS is the solution. Easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources