• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom TOC button with visited state

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client that wants to have a custom TOC button. It was easy enough to create a single action that would open and close the menu that could be added to every slide. However, I'd like to make it more obvious to users that clicking the button again will close the TOC by having a selected state. Because (as far as I can tell) I have to build a custom selected state for each button and each TOC button has a different name on each slide, does that mean I have to create a new action for every slide?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some important information is missing: are you working with a responsive or a non-rsponsivee project? This solution is only valid for a non-responsive project.

You can put the Toggle button on the first slide, and time it for the rest of the project in the Timing Properties panel, always on top. Have a look at this blog post, where I use one Shared action for multiple toggle buttons, including the TOC toggle button

https://blog.lilybiri.com/1-action-equals-5-toggle-buttons

Sorry, it is an old post, hence the included example which is still SWF output. A newer version can be found in the eLearning community:

Multiple Toggle buttons with ONE Shared Action - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilibiri,

It's a resposive project! Sounds like that makes things more difficult...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, that makes it a lot more difficult, at least if you are using Fluid Boxes with their multiple limitations. I suspect that is the case. I have been experimenting with master slides all having the same dedicated fluid box in the same location combined with Timing for rest of project, but never did describe the workflow because I didn't end my experiment with complete success. Do you set up fluid boxes on the master slides? Were you planning a dedicated fluid box for that TOC toggle button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it set up to break point mode, for better or worse. I'm new to Captivate and that's what they did in the tutorial I watched!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really? You are new and set up with Breakpoint views. It should be possible to time for the rest of the project, but you need to set up the Positino Properties in a proper way for the toggle button. Use the rulers (in %) and guides to help you do the setup. 

I am a bit confused by the title of this thread. I wonder why you use the Visited state, which is not a proper way to create your toggle button. Please look at the blog posts which for which I sent you links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources