• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay ability to click buttons

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that has multiple buttons on a screen. When a button is clicked, text shows and audio plays. If a person clicks a button before the audio is done playing, two audio files play at once. Is there a way to "inactivate" buttons while a button's information is playing?

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple ideas...

I have not personally tried this but can you start off your Advanced action on each button with an action to  Stop Triggered Audio?

Otherwise, it would be relatively easy to add a disable action for each of the other buttons along with the play audio and show text actions you have now.

The tricky part would be the timing for enabling them again.

For that you could perhaps do a delay action based on the length of audio which would probably be different for each button and audio clip. After the delay you would do an enable action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see the Timeline and how you play the audio. If you used the Play Audio command, there would never be two audio clips playing at the same time, since starting a new audio clip with Play audio, automatically stops the first clip if it is not finished. That could already be a fix for one of your problems: instead of attaching the audio to the text, use the Play Audio command.

Why do I ask for the Timeline? There is a way to disable an interactive object and re-enable it after a time (defined in seconds) by using the Delay Next Actions by...command. However you need to be sure that the playhead is not released. That can be done by keeping the playhead at the first button's pausing point, but I don't know if you allowed it to be released.

If all buttons have their pausing point at the same moment this will be the solution (I would use shared actions):

First button has an action like this:

• Show Text1 
  • Play Audio1
  • Disable Button2
  • Delay Next Commands by x secs      where x is the duration of the first audio clip
  • Enable Button2

I would group the texts if you want the first text to disappear when the second one appears, and replace the Show command in that case by:

• Hide Gr_Text
  • Show Text1

This was the scenario for two buttons, can be done for more but with bit more commands. BTW it is not possible to disable a group of buttons, which is a pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally different approach would be by using the timeline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources