Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay in Course Launch in LMS - Captivate 12

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone is having issues in the their LMS with a delay in how their courses are launching. I have two new courses that we're created in the new version of Captivate and when a user selects to launch from the LMS, there is anywhere from a 15 sec to 60 sec delay. A blank screen displays, then eventually the course loads. The course behaves as it should once available, but it takes a long time to load. We've never had this issue with our LMS loading courses before?

I have tested in SCORM Cloud and they behave the same there, so my assumption is it's with the file? I thought maybe the size, but I have much larger files (video heavy) created in Captivate Classic, that have zero delay when launching. I've also tried to publish in both 1.2 and 2004 with no change.  

Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts as to why? 

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your LMS really support responsive projects, not all do...

Were the projects in Captivate Classic responsive, which I suspect is not the case since you talk about video heavy and video are not really suited for responsive projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reference to video heavy was only to add that if the file size is what's causing the problem, we have much larger files created in classic that load immediately and do not have a delay. Our course content is not all video and ranges depending on what's needed. The courses behaves as it should (as a responsive project), transistions properly, scores correctly, etc. The only issues is it takes substantial time to load the project, leaves our users thinking they've done something wrong. It also behaves the exact same way in SCORM Cloud, the delay is there as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version is also very slow in editing mode, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue. Cornerstone is our LMS. We have always created responsive projects if the content is interactive. We have no loading issues with content created in Captivate 2019 but there is quite a delay with content created in the new Captivate. There isn't even a loading circle, just a blank canvas. We disabled reporting "interaction data" and "send data on every slide" to see if that would make a difference and it did not. We even used media encoder to make our video files smaller within the training module, and saw no improvement. I used the "diagnose content" feature within our LMS and don't see anything that is wrong with it. I did not have this issue with the beta version of the new Captivate, only the production version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check output in QCORM Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're getting the same issue here.  We use Litmos LMS and when I opened a ticket with them they confirmed the SCORM file I uploaded as a .zip from Adobe Captivate 12 takes 15-20 seconds to load in Litmos, however when they used other .zip files from other programs it did not take that long to load.  

I used https://app.cloud.scorm.com/ and confirmed the .zip file from Adobe Captivate 12 takes 15-20 seconds to load there as well so it's an issue with the .zip file, not the LMS.

I haven't been able to find a solution here on the forums and with the inability to open a ticket with Adobe I am ready to tell my employer to switch to Articulate Storyline and be done with this software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just recent I was able to meet with Adobe Customer Care on this issue. It has formally been reported as a bug (CPNXT-18727) and sent to the product team. My understanding is, it will be included in the next release 12.3, however they do not have an ETA on when that will be. I had success emailing my problem to the captivatehelp@adobe.com, they responded fairly quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources