• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete start play icon

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I open a project in the browser or in the LMS, a large "play" icon appears (see attached). I would like to know if it is possible to delete because I need the first slide to appear directly.

Thank you!

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-25 a las 8.57.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to decisions by the main browsers to disable AutoPlay (and courses play in a browser), since the second version of CP2017 Captivate will automatically disable AutoPlay for HTML5 output.  You could still publish with AutoPlay to SWF but due to Flash player dying this year that is not a solution.

You can make the experience for the learner pleasant by some tricks, including a Poster image. I have posted this blog a couple of years ago to explain that. You can also use JS to achieve such a result, will certainly see an answer from the JS experts as well. Choice up to you.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/poster-image-autoplay

Most of the embedded examples on my blog use that workaround. Like this game:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/game-test-your-logical-mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer @Lilybiri! I will try!

I think that captivate must be renewed or it will die. It should facilitate processes, be more intuitive, etc.
The templates and widgets that it offers are an old ones in terms of design.
It was a powerful tool in the early 2000s but nowadays there are much more powerful options, even in free software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to disagree. You seem to be new to Captivate. It never offered templates, but themes.  You may find them outdated, that is your choice, but they are not the core of Captivate. It is the possibility to create custom themes which is much more important.

Some learning interactions look dated, but the ones that are really useful remain useful (Checkboxes, Scrolling Text, Radiobuttons) or can be customized.

Can you tell me which options are better in free software? Not sure it is about the core of an eLearning authoring tool. I have seen a lot of demonstrations of other tools, but they never convinced me to turn away from Captivate. They may have some features which are better than what is implemented in Captivate, their UI may look more up to date (hate the present UI of Captivate myself) but behind the scenes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I´m new in captivate but I´ve a strong background in elearning development 😉

I have an annual plan with Genially   It's a online app for create a variety of interactive contents in html5. You can use for free too.

In free software, I use xerte and exelearning

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look at the last two before, too limited in my mind. Probably due to the way I know Captivate in-depth... 

Forgot to tell but the way I can use other Adobe applications for assets in Captivate is something missing in most other elearning authoring tools. Using (daily) Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, Adobe fonts, Animate, Sometimes Character animator, After Effects, Premiere Pro... A whole family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that this is a big problem.

It is true that browsers have made some changes that require you to interact with the content.

This play button, however, is not the fault of any browser. It has been forced upon the developers by Adobe.

You can follow this thread for some ideas on how to bypass this vile demon.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/so-you-re-looking-to-get-rid-of-that-white-screen-with-play...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources