Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disappearing charachters when returning to a previously seen slide

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help with th e following....

Project has a number of characters within it that 'instruct' the learner through a software sim... in turn, each character sends the form throiugh a workflow management system (in the demo)... all works well.

At the end, I have added a slide that allows the user to select a section they would like to return to... this works, it takes them back to the relevant section for them to repeat it. Only prob is, the little headshot of the character is no longer showing. I thought 'Retain on slide revisit' might fix but it has not worked.

Is there a way to do this?

Any help much appreciated 🙂

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Character in screenshot is timed for the rest of the project. Since you have hidden it somewhere, it will remain hidden until you show it again. That is the logical explanation I see at this moment. That is the reason why I mostly prefer using a multistate object and use Change State, instead of the Show/Hide process. If you leave the 'Retain state... ' unchecked, you'll get the Normal state when you revisit the slide.

Now you need to create a reset action (Show) for each character which you did

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more details are needed. 'Retain on slide revisit' is used for multistate objects, when you want to keep the last state instead of the initial (Normal) state of such an object. Are you using multistate objects? If yes, can you please post a screenshot of the Object State panel?

It would also be good to see the Timeline panel of that slide, especially if you have used it to stagger objects, and to see if it has pausing points.

Moreover I want to know which workflows you used to change states for the multistate object: was it done by simple or shared/advanced actions?  Which event did you use to trigger those actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, many thanks for the response 🙂

So... no, def not a multi state object... just thought that the retain thing might be a simple fix here... worht a go, didnt work

essentionally, its just an imported image of a cartoon characters head... he / she 'narrates' the user through a software sim... 'Click this', 'write this' etc. Please see attached pic

the image is added and remains in place for the software sim until it gets to a point where a new characters appears so ive used the 'on enter > Hide > character 1 headshot option on the relevant slide . same process for Character 2 until gets to character 3 and then 3 to 4. all of this works fine... its only when the user goes back to character 1 2 3 or 4 and repeats the section that the headshot disappears, the text boxes etc all appear as expected.
Hope this helps?

Many thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character in screenshot is timed for the rest of the project. Since you have hidden it somewhere, it will remain hidden until you show it again. That is the logical explanation I see at this moment. That is the reason why I mostly prefer using a multistate object and use Change State, instead of the Show/Hide process. If you leave the 'Retain state... ' unchecked, you'll get the Normal state when you revisit the slide.

Now you need to create a reset action (Show) for each character which you did hide in a later slide. As usual such a reset action is triggered by the On Enter event.

You may have a look at:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tip-3-show-slash-hide-or-multistate-object-advanced-slash-shared-actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Mant thanks for your response and my late reply...

Def something for me to think about here but the Hide show, when used wit ht ehide worked and  i got the result i wanted - thank you... glad it wasnt a case of starting over again! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*and sorry for my late reply i meant! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You had me smiling.... and you're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources