Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do not allow advance slide until audio completes

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am putting together a slideshow from powerpoint with audio naration for each slide. I'm using the playback control bar from the skin editor to control navigation, and each slide is auto-advancing at the end of its audio.

How can I prevent the learner from advancing to the next slide until the audio for the current slide is complete?

Follow on question if above is possible to (easily) do. If a learner then uses the back button to get to a slide s/he has already listened to, would it be possible to then allow them to manually advance to the next slide (since they've already listened to the current slide's audio)?

This is probably simple to do since it seems like a common usage scenario - but I can't find how to do it.

Thanks,

Ari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not use the default playbar in that case. Use custom navigation buttons.

Easiest way is to put a Next button with its timeline starting a little bit before the end of the audio timeline. 

Problem is that when returning to the slide the learner needs to listen to the audio again. If you want to avoid that, have a look at this solution:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/play-audio-once-on-first-visit

That post explains the advanced action, I mostly use a shared action which is based on this advanced action because it is more flexible:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/advanced-to-shared-action-step-by-step-micro-navigation-showcase

BTW I don't like this 'forcing' of adult learning because mostly it is contraproductive. Just my personal opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources