• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.doc Export to Deepl - no changes

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i got some problems with translations and i think its because of the file ending / formation?

I've tried to export the Project Captions and Closed Captions (which creates an "old" .doc file)

I open the .doc with regular MS-Word and save it again as an .docx after that i drop the file into Deepl and let it translate the document in my desired language after that i open the docx in Word again and save it "back" to .doc 

After importing the file again into Captivate it says (0 imported) and no changes where made.

Is this due because i'm formating the file in word from .doc to .docx or is there something else i'm not doing correct?

Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Advanced , Editing , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Sorry for my late reply

The problem was that everything got Translated (Left side aswell) so i've figured a way to do it simple

Just make a copy from the .doc upload it to Deepl for example, translate it and then just copy & replace the right side of the Document. 

Thanks for your fast response 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you can answer these questions:

• Are you going throught the exported MS Word doc line by line and ONLY making changes to the cells in the column that is supposed to have the translation? 
  • Are you also making sure that you import the translated text into the correct cells as plain text (without any formatting from DeepL) so that the imported text retains the formatting of the text in the cell?

The successful reimport of a translation document back into Captivate depends on these factors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for my late reply

The problem was that everything got Translated (Left side aswell) so i've figured a way to do it simple

Just make a copy from the .doc upload it to Deepl for example, translate it and then just copy & replace the right side of the Document. 

Thanks for your fast response 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources