Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double points on VR project

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm creating a virtual reality project with score: for each hotspot viewed, the student earns points. Does anyone know how to avoid duplicating points, if he sees the same hotspot twice?

Thanks!

Inês

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

I know, because I edited the typo on your topic title to VR.

You mean that you add a score to each hotspot using the Properties, Action tab? The hotspot is an interactive object and that is indeed possible. However, since there is no way to attach a custom action to a hotspot, I don't see any way to prevent adding scores on multiple clicks on the same hotspot. It may be possible with JS, but I don't have a direct solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about hotspots to quiz slides? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about the hotspots on the 360 slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, because I edited the typo on your topic title to VR.

You mean that you add a score to each hotspot using the Properties, Action tab? The hotspot is an interactive object and that is indeed possible. However, since there is no way to attach a custom action to a hotspot, I don't see any way to prevent adding scores on multiple clicks on the same hotspot. It may be possible with JS, but I don't have a direct solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad... 😞

I see I have to learn JS! It's not the first time I've come across solutions that involve programming in JS! 😉
Thanks again @Lilybiri !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these were normal interactive objects it would be possible with AA, but the hotspots on a VR project do not have all the functionality of other interactive objects. I am not even sure that it can be done with JS in this case. If you have access to the Success event of the hotspot (which is not the case for AA) it may be possible.

I never use JS when it is not necessary, some developers use JS all the time. An intermediate solution is to use the CpExtra widget by InfoSemantics, which can avoid programming in JS in many circumstances.  I have no time to check out if it would be possible here. 

My approach is hybrid: what can be done with advanced/shared actions will not use JS. In around 80% of use cases I don't need JS. Problem is that programming is fun if you use it all the time but if it is occasionally it may take too much time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally agree! In this case, I have a way (not very nice) to get around the problem: work the platform reports eliminating the duplicate interaction ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources