• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DpiAwareness = 1' in AdobeCaptivate.ini

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download the adobe captivate 9, never use it before, following youtube  and got the error message"

Capture is disallowed since high density display was detected. please set " DpiAwareness = 1"  in Adobe captive.ini and restart the application.

how to change it? thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

I think I figured it out.  You can find the AdobeCaptivate.ini file here C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 9 x64.  To edit the file go to Notepad and right click and choose Run as Administrator.  Change the dpi awareness = to 1 instead of 0 and save. Reopen Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Are you using a retina screen? What is the font size set to: 175%, 250%?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you watch the video to near the end, you will see that I also encounter the issue with admin rights.

What I'm personally curious about is if you are prevented from copying that INI file from elsewhere or if you encounter what I did where it temporarily blocked me, but did allow the copy to occur once I acknowledged things.

It could very well be the case that you are totally blocked through some policy that has been enacted on your PC. But it's certainly worth trying what was shown in order to see if it may work. Who knows, maybe it will.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video was awesome. I liked your website RoboWizard. You fixed my problem. Thanks for taking the steps before me so that I don't give up. Peace, Derek

www.derekteacher.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super helpful-thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you thank you thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 with dual monitor display. I am not one to tinker with software and found a much easier solution. The display settings defaulted to showing text and images at 125%. This caused an inaccurate snap to window. I reduced the display to 100% and the snap to window feature worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help you out...

https://youtu.be/4RLm4pJRBGY

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much!. I probably made a huge mistake. I changed the properties of the folder to allow me to modify it, and I did change the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Dell XPS 9365 and I change the DPI to 1, scale at 250 (recommended) But Captivate 2019 when restarted is appearing tiny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the solutions here with no success I am using version 11.5.5. with windows 10.  I did the following

1.Change the DPI awaremess

2.Run captive as admin 

3.changed the resolution 

4. Changed my display resolution 

5. run Captivate in compatibility mode for windows 7 

Any solutions please let me know I have tried all the suggestions I could find here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

Very easy solution.

Right-click on your desktop

choose display settings

change display resolution to 1024 *768 then 

Open the software and see the magic.

I think there are some specific resolutions you could use...

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video walked me through how to fix this for me. Hope it helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKjOcNkZDI8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! it works perfetcly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Totally worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources