• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DpiAwareness Admin Rights Issue

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to create a new video demonstration in Adobe Captivate 19 but I am unable to do so. I understand that this is related to the following setting: "DpiAwareness = 0" setting. I have gone into the notepad to make the change to "DpiAwareness = 1" but I do not have adminstrator privileges to do so. I even tried to change settings for adminstrator privileges, but that didn't work either.  As the sole user for my organization, I should be set up with adminstrator privileges--I don't know why I can't c hange this on my own.  During a recent session with Adobe Support I had to reinstall Captivate -- I'm guessing this is what caused the change in the setting.  The video demonstration function was working fine before the reinstallation of the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received help on this from Adobe Support.  Here's what I learned:  

When you get this warning window:

digiSTORY_KC_0-1597679644978.jpeg

…you cannot just go into the AdobeCaptivate.ini file to change the “DpiAwareness = 0” to “DpiAwareness = 1”   The system won’t take the change that way.  It may even look like you don’t have the admin rights to do this even when you do have those rights.  Instead you need to go into the AdobeCaptivate.ini file (the path is C:Program Files/Adobe/Captivate 2019/), make a copy of the entire file (not just the line “DpiAwareness = 0”), and save it to the desktop or some other location.  In that temporary file, change the “0” in the line “DpiAwareness = 0” to “1”.  Then replace the “AdobeCaptivate.ini” file in the Program file (C:Program Files/Adobe/Captivate 2019/) with this temporary file where you changed the “0” to “1.”  This should resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, that is the correct workflow which has been posted many times in these forums.

However several users will still need some rights to 'access' and replace that ini-file. That is one of the issues which have been logged many times. A better, easier workflow should be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources