Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag & Drop Not Working!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My drag-and-drop interactions aren't loading when I preview or publish the course. It's a super simple interaction because it's meant to be an example exercise for a more complicated one later. However, with just two drop sources, I can't get it to run right.

I have 5 drop targets because there are 5 options for the users to choose the correct ones. I'm only using two of them as correct answers for this example interaction. I've tried removing the 3 unused drop targets and still nothing.

I tried using the D&D wizard and using the D&D panel, as well as establishing the Correct Answers, but nothing works. I also made sure all the necessary objects start at the beginning of the timeline.

It's affecting my whole project. If I preview any five slides without it, there's no problem. If I preview the whole project or any 5 slides WITH the D&D interaction, the whole project won't load.

I've tried restarting Captivate and nothing, thought I would post here before restarting my computer. If this doesn't work, I'll have to figure out something else. My deadline is in 2 days and these D&D interactions are the last bit I need to finish. My initial thought is to substitute the drag-and-drop with just a matching exercise where users write the correct answer. 

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try to understand the problem, but sorry, you don't tell exactly what is not working in the interaction?  

Is this a non-responsive project? Which type of objects are you using for drag sources and for drop targets? Not every type is allowed. Do you use 'type'. Post some screenshots: stage with the Interactivity visible (eye icon in the D&D panel), the tabs of the D&D panel. Is this a scored D&D? 

If it is a non-responsive project use Preview HTML in Browser (F11), only valid Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources