Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop Advance slide on reject

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a drag and drop quiz in which each question is a drag and drop interaction with only one answer. What i would like is when the answer is rejected, they get the failure display and then move to the next slide which gives them the next drag and drop interaction question.

I know how to get it to reject by “not accepting” all drag sources and the “incorrect” drag choice goes back to where it started and I get the “failure prompt”, but i don’t see that there is a way to then send the user to the next slide after the failure prompt.

I’m trying to do all this with out the submit button in order to get instant feedback and move on to the next slide.

Any insight would be great!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Drag and Drop slides only offer Auto Submit for correct answers.  If the user wanted to submit an incorrect answer they would need to use the Submit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to have only 1 attempt, and use the Failure action. Set it to Go to Next Slide. The Failure action is really a Last Attempt action, but if you have only attempt it will do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i totally understand what you are saying, but I am guessing since there is no actual use of the submit button that it is not totally registering as a failure? So it "rejetcts" the wromg answer and gives the "wrong answer" message. but then unless i answer correctly, there is no slide advancement. i didn check and its set for one attempt and on failure to advance. I am using it (or trying to anyway) as as quiz question. Would that be the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I am only accepting one drag source

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Submit button is an embedded object, in the same sense as the Submit button on a quiz slide. One difference: you can have an Auto Submit, but only if the answer is correct. 

A D&D slide can be used both as Knowledgeg Check slide (no score, nothing added to a total quiiz score) and as scored slide. In both cases there failure or success is registered, but for a KC slide it will not be transmitted to a LMS, not included in the score.

You seem not to understand what I tried to explain. If it is set to 1 attempt the Failure action will happen after the first attempt if it was not successful. That slide will advanced to the next slide if that is the Failure action.   Show screenshots of the setup of the D&D slide and of its timeline. It has an invisible pausing point at 1.5secs. It doesn't matter how many drag sources you have or how many need to be dragged for a correct answer. Something else is wrong in your setup. Do you have a Pause On exit? Do you have another object pausing the slide? Are all drag sources and drop targets available from the first frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response. I do think that I understand what you are saying. I'm including some screenshots and a video of the interaction. The way I have it set up, the user does not actually hit the submit button so that is why my guess was that while the correct answer is auto submitting, the failure is only regiustering as a reject and not an actual failure, similar to a knowledge check. I was wondering if tehre was a way to register the failure without needing to press submit.

Thank you again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag and Drop slides only offer Auto Submit for correct answers.  If the user wanted to submit an incorrect answer they would need to use the Submit button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gah! thats what I figured, lol. Thank you for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have told  this  already, "...you can have an Auto Submit, but only if the answer is correct". Rod, but I must really be speaking Chinese for this user. He is persuaded that the Submit button has no meaning at all, that a Failure is never registered. Tried to explain that this would be the same for a normal question slide: if you don't submit the answer, the question is being registered as being skipped. 

This is the first time OP wrote that he doesn't want to use the Submit button, even for a failure. IMO that Auto Submit for correct answers only is confusing although it is clearly mentioned that it is only functional for a correct answer. Sorry, but I gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies. In my defense, i did put in my original post that "I’m trying to do all this with out the submit button in order to get instant feedback and move on to the next slide." I agree the auto submit is slightly confusing. My asking the question here was to see if I had perhaps missed something.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had answered already that AutoSubmit was ONLY for a correct answer....hours and hours ago You mentioned that you didn't think the Submit button was registering a failure, and that was wrong. I feel indeed  frustrated that you didn't believe me all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't take it personally Lieve.  We all appreciate your thoroughness and willingness to help.

The only thing that really matters is that a correct answer was arrived at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize. I think it was a miscommunication. Your time is definitely appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources