• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop glitch - While user does the second attempt, control jumps to next slide.

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing 2 major issues with drag and drop functionality in the published file which is not seen during Captivate preview:

Issue 1 - While user is performing the second attempt, control abruptly jumps to next slide.

Issue 2 - Though user has given the right answer, sometimes, Reset button, Submit button, Undo Button remains on the screen. (PFA for an exampleDrag and drop glitch.PNG)

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? It is a German version, but I want to know the exact version number (under Help, About Captivate....).

For the correct answer: you can use the Success event to go to the next slide.

Do you use object actions in the setup of the D&D? Can you check the timing of the pausing button? Are all D&D objects on the slide from the start?

Are you publishing to HTML5 or SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe captivate 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please answer the other questions as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

Below are my comments:

For the correct answer: you can use the Success event to go to the next slide -  I use advanced actions for both success and failure. With my other projects, the logic is working fine.

Do you use object actions in the setup of the D&D? - No

Can you check the timing of the pausing button? - 1 sec

Are all D&D objects on the slide from the start? - Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you always have 2 attempts? I'm asking this because in English (no idea about German) there is a confusing terminology for the 'Failure' event, which is really a 'Last Attempt' event, only occurs after the last attempt, not after each attempt. I don't know if this helps, just wanted to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I always use 2 attempts. For the last attempt, the advanced action has to pop up. But, Even before I complete the last attempt and while dragging the objects, the slide is jumping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, trying to figure out what is happening. Apparently the playhead is released after the first attempt. Can you insert a text container with the system variable cpInfoCurrentFrame to see when this happens? Is it a long slide or did you keep the normal 3 secs duration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is very strange.

Slide duration is 3secs.

I will try using system variable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried using the system variable. However, while I was doing HTML5 preview, before I even complete 1st attempt, slide jumped.

Please let me know the purpose of checking the frame info.

I hope there are no techie devils.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use that system varaible when checking issues with the timeine. You can watch my presentation about Timeline here, maybe it explains more indetail what I mean

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/TimelineBlog/index.html

BTW there are real issues with hese forums at the moment. I am not sure I will be able to get on it, also lost some moderator powers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sounding to me like one of two things:

• There is an Object Action set up for at least one of the Target / Drag combinations that is set to Continue and is causing the playhead to move past the pause point for the interaction.
    OR...
  • The Drag and Drop interaction is corrupted and needs to be completely rebuilt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod, I already asked about Object actions, OP answered he is not using them.

Corruption seems to be the only possibility left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I saw that he said that, but I have learned NOT to be too trusting. You van waste a lot of time trying to solve issues when there is a missing piece of the puzzle that you THOUGHT had already been discounted.

Something about this issue doesn't add up.  Drag and Drop interactions don't usually misbehave this way. So, I still think it is worth asking for a double-check on all Target object actions to make sure one hasn't been accidentally slipped in by mistake.

One other possibility that just occurred to me is to check the NAME given to the interaction and all objects.  Avoid having any hyphens or other punctuation characters in the names.  That has been shown in the past to cause weird issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it! I know this is years old, but if someone else stumbles upon this issue here is the solution. The one issue I know I can address is the jumping to the next slide when you don't want the slide to move.

Click on each destination, "Drop Target", in the D&D properties. Click the Format tab. In Effects, click Object Actions. Set each Drag Source Type action to "Pause". The Action will then show Stop project. Also, to avoid a user from adding more than one object to the Drop Target, uncheck Accept All, and select the Replace radio button.

This is Captivate 2019. Works in HTML5 in my testing so far.Drag and Drop Issue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the video that helped me (5 minutes in. I always speed him up): https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=captivate+insert+drag+and+drop&docid=608019845927733428&mid=953... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the video outside of the "search results": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpUB_ObPy2I 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources