• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop hit area accuricy problem

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am facing problem in simple drag and drop. all objects hit area is in square format, so there are no accuracy of object in different shape, please check attached video to better understand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this is the nature of Adobe Captivate shapes and images.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only hope that D&D once will be able to use SVGs as objects. If used as button a SVG is unique because it allows to restrict the hit area to the image instead of the bounding box. To help with this feature request, please log it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post here discusses a user's requirement to have a drag & drop interaction register sucess only if the drag source is positioned in a specific alignment to the drop target.

Stagprime suggested a JavaScript-based solution, using the GSAP library. I suggested a solution using Captivate's in-built D&D features, based on multiple hidden drop targets. Maybe one of those approaches could be adopted for your work case at hand. The post starts out in German, but Stagprime discusses his aproach in English. If you want me to dwell on my approach in English, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried hard to do it in Adobe Captive but it didn't work very well. So I tried to do it in adobe animate, HTML5 output with javascript, got pretty good result. I am very grateful to all of you. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources