I have a big drag and drop project and everything was working great. The most recent (and now subsequent) publishes for testing now have an issue when I drag my drag targets. When I drag them, the text on the targets shrink and go to the top of the screen (leaving me dragging an empty box) until I drop the target. When the target is dropped, the words appear as normal. It still counts the scores properly, but this is a really bad issue that I cannot figure how to fix.
Hmmm, it almost sounds like you have drag and drop multi state objects. Perhaps you adjusted the formatting of these objects erroneously. Here is a video I did about this feature. https://youtu.be/bTfCXeAnFeM
No, the objects actually don't change state at all. For that portion, it is just a basic drag and drop. Working up to this point, I never had this happen in my published tests, but now it is suddenly happening on every export, even when re-publishing those same previously working builds.
It would help if you inserted some screenshots. You talk about dragging 'targets', but I suppose you mean drag sources? Which type of object are you using as drag sources?
Yes, I mistyped "targets" and meant drag sources. The drag sources are just rectangle smartshapes. I have attached some screenshots, but it is a little tough to see. The first is the a portion of the project while not being interacted with. The second is what happens while dragging a drag source. The circle shows the text up in the top of the project, smaller size and truncated content. The arrow shows what I am actually dragging. The similar rectangle that looks like it has been left behind is there on purpose and isn't a part of this drag issue. The drag sources are initially on top of other drop targets (in case users want to put things back on the left as they work through the question).
I have never seen this specific problem before, but if it is suddently happening to all drag and drop interactions on your computer that would indicate something has radically changed recently.
Have you recently had an update to your OS or to Captivate? What version of Captivate are you using, and is it completely up to date? If it is, I would say do a complete reinstall, making sure to reset the Preferences and Layouts.
Thankfully, it isn't happening to every drag and drop interaction, just this specific project, even when I rebuild. Part of me is thinking I might be overtaxing Captivate (I have made a pretty complicated slide with a lot of moving parts) and that's why this project is giving me such weird errors.
No, I haven't had an OS update and my version of Captivate is up to date.
For some weird reason, this answer which I posted yesterday is not appearing at all.
Indeed, not easy to see what you mean.
I am wondering about your sentence: 'The drag sources are initially on top of other drop targets'. That is not allowed. you can have all drag sources on top of each other, to allow a second drag source to appear when the first one has been dragged. But normally it is expected not to have overlapping drag sources nor drop targets.
You used the shape as text container, correct? And it is a non-responsive project? Which font has been used?
The overlapping isn't giving me the issue. When running my initial tests, this never gave me any trouble because it is an illusion so that the users have a "workspace" to put their drag sources as they rearrange things. The trouble started more as the complexity of the project grew, in terms of more actions and things like that. Part of me is thinking many that is overtaxing Captivate's capabilities and it is bugging out becasue of that. Yes, the shape is a text container (I'm debating turning them into just images and trying it that way to see if Captivate is more receptive in conjunction with everything else in the project) and it is a non-responsive project. The font is Tahoma (regular, 16)
Copy link to clipboard
Looks like it was a variable issue that was causing this glitch. I fixed the variable issue and it is working like a dream! Thanks everyone for the help!!!!