Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop down resize

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would like to resize drop down list. Buttona, arrow...entire pakcage to be much smaller. Does anyone know how to do that? Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite understand your question.

Are you talking about resizing all contents in a published Captivate project?  That is, have you already built the project at a certan size and then found that it is too large now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the editing environment in Captivate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fast response. @Lilybiri @RodWard. Great support. I would like to provide users with oportunity to enter thay date of birth by choosing the values from drop down lists:

• Drop down list for day
  • Drop dow list for month
  • Drop down list for year. 

When I insert default drop down list in slide and resize it to be smaller, in Preview mode or published mode those buttons in drop down list are much larger than I would like to be. Is there any way for me to resize those buttons and mubers in the list to be much much... smaller?

Hope this explanation is much clearer?

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Text Entry Box or the Dropdown learning interaction for your goal? Maybe you could insert one or more screenshots? You talk abou 'buttons' and 'numbers'. Numbers will be in the dropdown list but what do you mean by the 'buttons'? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using drop down learning interactions. I'm talking about button with arrow. When I'm in editing mode for drop down, text might be reduced to minimal size of 8. I would like to resizeto smaller value and I would like to be able to rezise that button with arrow to be smaller. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, still don't understand 'resize that button with arrow'....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you can see now? At layout drop downs I'm trying to simluate are much smaller than this one from AC. I can't make it to be of smaller size.

Drop down button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learning Interactions are limited in what you can do.  The options to customise them do not allow you very much leeway.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but that screenshot is so blurry that I cannot figure out how you got that button when using a Learning interaction.  Not so recently I wrote a blog about what is possible with that interaction, but am not sure it could help. It was still before the demise of the Flash Player:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/dropdown-interaction-tips

Why did you not try to use a Text Entry Box in this case?  Or even a Scrolling text interaction? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Lilybiri  and @RodWard 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources