• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Educator price unavailable to military instructors?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a space operations instructor at the Space Education and Training Center at Peterson AFB, CO.  I was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, and with the COVID-19 pandemic, I am not authorized to enter the building because of my suppressed immune system.  I am now creating distance learning content from home.  I downloaded the 30 Day free trial and have been corresponding with the Adobe Captivate 2019 sales team to request the $399 educator discount for the software.  I just received a message stating military schools are not eligible for the student and teacher edition.  I was wondering if anyone knew of a person I could contact to request an exception to this policy.  I desire to use Captivate to create content for my students and will pay for the software out of my own pocket.  If college students can use the software at the reduced price, why can I, as an instructor, not use the software at the reduced price?  Any insight would be very helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum... ccan you please contact Adobe or a reseller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried multiple times.  I'm unable to get the support I need.  I figured I'd try the forum to see if anyone had an idea.  Believe me, I'd like to be a "user" one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but I believe we get the educational discount because we are an educational intitution, Air Force Institute of Technology. I'm about to put in a request to upgrade out CP versions so I will find out more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is why Adam Osborne invented laptops. In either case, this seems to be the responsibility of your employer to get you the tools you need (hardware and software). How they license it from Adobe is between your employer and Adobe. If you're freelance than you wouldn't qualify for educational discounts anyway. Either bite the bullet and subscribe for the $35 bucks a month for yourself or get your employer to pony up the software for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources