Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

effects only once

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I have a question that I'm not sure there is a solution to. I have a slide where the user clicks on the slide bar and it slides to the right, shows the 80% and shows the next button (all in advanced actions). However, I am able to click it twice and it slides even further alomost off the screen. My client doesn't like this. Is there a way to ensure that it can only be clicked once?

2020-07-29_21-29-21.png

Thanks!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Stagprime's suggestion is an easy fix.  I might also suggest hiding the button as well, because if the button is still visible on the slide then the user may still try to click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to add a disable command to your advanced action for the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stagprime's suggestion is an easy fix.  I might also suggest hiding the button as well, because if the button is still visible on the slide then the user may still try to click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But don't forget to create an On Enter action if you allow the learner to revisit the slide. If you forget that, the button will remain disabled and maybe the pla;y head will move quickly through the slide without pausing. Demonstrated this in my recent presentation for the Adobe World Conference about 'Deep dive into Captivate with Shared and Advanced action'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disable worked perfect!!

I leran something new all the time about captivate thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources