Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminate Fast-forward Option for Demonstration Mode

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We have a requiremnt to make sure that the user goes through the entire demonstartion video,without being able to fastfoward to any other section.

Is that possible and please help us find how to do the same?

Thanks in advacnce 🙂

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video , Editing , Import export , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

As a traner and teacher (since decades) this is the most stupid requirement for adult learning I know.  Sorry about that off topic node.  

Best option would be NOT to use demonstration mode but Training mode, at least it will be less boring.

But to answer your question:

• Take out the playbar completely, using the Skin editor
  • Edit the playbar in the Skin editor and take out all features except Play, CC (if needed). I suppose they need to listen as well? Or you could take out the audio button as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a traner and teacher (since decades) this is the most stupid requirement for adult learning I know.  Sorry about that off topic node.  

Best option would be NOT to use demonstration mode but Training mode, at least it will be less boring.

But to answer your question:

• Take out the playbar completely, using the Skin editor
  • Edit the playbar in the Skin editor and take out all features except Play, CC (if needed). I suppose they need to listen as well? Or you could take out the audio button as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.It works perfectly like we require it to. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of interest, how are you going to "make sure" that the user actually watches the video at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets assume it is a Training Video and the user actually HAS to watch it, but the learner/user decides to watch the training video by fast-forwarding in the player menu seek bar,we have also kept quiz slides in between the training video so as to ensure that the user should not able to click at end of seek bar in oder to fastforward to the end of the training video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same answer: take out the playbar completely. In Training mode the user has to 'do' something on each slide to proceed to the next slide. No need for any navigation by the playbar. You can even add a results slide, since in the default setting each action by the learner is scored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reply but i know about training mode 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave twice an answer how to take out possible fast moving through the movie, but you didn't confirm if that solved the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Pradeep, 

I have an active course like this for Fire Safety training which requires users to view a 10 min video to get credit. LilyBiri is correct that this is not ideal for adult learning, however, this is a compliance requirement and we simply need to check the box. 

To do this, I set up a JavaScript timer for the length of the video. At the end of the timer, JavaScript executes a function to move to the next slide, or to make the playbar reappear. The following code may have some errors, but will give an idea how to proceed.

setTimeout(nextSlide, 600000);

function nextSlide () {

window.cpAPIInterface.
next();

}

You can use the final slide as a thank you slide or a quiz slide. If it's a thank you slide, just make sure the quiz preferences are set up to give credit for the course with 100% slide views. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources