• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email course resources to the learner at the end. Captivate 2019 HTML Responsive project

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivate Community,

My customer is wanting the ability to email all the course resource documents (course pdfs) to the learner. They prefer that the functionality be provided in the course with a button press that allows the user to just enter their email address or pull the email address from the user's information and it sends everything without further input from the learner. They are willing to have this as just a final download at the end as well if that is the only way to add this in. I have tried using advanced actions and setting up email templates to get this to work, but have not been successful. What seems to happen is either a) there is no place to add in attachments in the email template (or I am missing it) or, b) it only opens the email client software with a blank email ready to send. 

I feel like I am just missing were to do this properly, and would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

-The Lost DrunkDesigner

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

What your customer is expecting (emailing functionality encapsulated within an e-learning module) is not something Captivate offers by default and is not a simple thing to pull off.  Building that kind of custom functionality into a Captivate HTML5 module would require having access to some advanced JavaScript programming skills.  

Captivate does allow you to include PDF files in the published output.  You can then link these files to buttons or hyperlinks on slides so that the learner can dow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What your customer is expecting (emailing functionality encapsulated within an e-learning module) is not something Captivate offers by default and is not a simple thing to pull off.  Building that kind of custom functionality into a Captivate HTML5 module would require having access to some advanced JavaScript programming skills.  

Captivate does allow you to include PDF files in the published output.  You can then link these files to buttons or hyperlinks on slides so that the learner can download them while viewing the course.  This is fairly easy to do.

The Advanced Action that seems to promise the ability to send an email from the course is actually badly named.  As you found, all it does is open a new email message in your default email software (e.g. Microsoft Outlook).  The learner would be required to complete the email and send it after attaching any files from their own system.  Captivate does not provide a way to automate this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you RodWard for your answer. I had suspected that was the case since I could not find any information about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources