• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedded MP4 not loading when published as Video.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to Captivate and I've had a handul of issues getting MP4 embedded videos to play once published as a video. Videos are .MOV files I recorded/edited on my ipad, sent to PC via Teams to encod via Adobe Media Encoder to MP4. They play fine in preview and when published as HTML5. There is a delay when published as SWF but they still show. Video type is Progressive Download. Placement of video is Stage. Uploading end product to MS Stream so they need to be in MP4 format. Is there something I need to be doing to ensure these will play when published as video? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had any luck putting a video in Captivate and then publishing to video.

If you need something in Captivate to be a part of the video, I would just publish that to video and then edit to include the video you created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @TLCMediaDesign , not a good idea to embed a video in a cptx project and publish then as a global video. If it is really necessary because you don't have a video editing application, you could play the project with Preview HTML in Browser and record it using Video Demo. Not sure about the resulting quality however, make sure to edit Preferences and set it to 32-bit instead of 16 bit for Recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does work because I've recently tested it but what I've learned is that if your imported video is an odd aspect ratio then it sometimes doesn't get converted in the publish process. Also make sure you use slide video and not event video. This way the duration of the slide is equal to the duration of the video. When you use event video the slide will only be the default 3 seconds and often not long enough for most videos. 

Overall I still recommend using a proper video editing tool for this type of work, such as Adobe Premier Pro, or Camtasia. Best of luck

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources