• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enter Slide Notes not updating

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on captivate 11.5.5.676.  I am continually using slide notes.  Sometimes when I use the slide notes, I will change the slide note then when I go back into the slide, instead of what I have written, it will say Enter Slide Note and does not change.   Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 times and it will change back to Enter Slide note right before my eyes,   This is getting really frustrating.   Why are they reverting back to Enter Slide Note?   It is randomly doing this.   Sometimes only a few slides in a presentation sometimes it does it over and over again.  I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds more like you may have some corruption in your project file. 

Try creating a new blank project of the same size and see whether you observe the same behaviour in that new project when you try to add Slide Notes.  If you do, then reinstall Captivate, making sure to reset all Preferences. 

If you do not see the same issue in th new blank project, then copy all of your slides over to that project and test.  Sometimes this method can strip out the corruption.

Also, when inserting Slide Notes and seeing this issue, are there any unusual characters in the text you are trying to insert?  If so, perhaps those characters are causing Captivate to reject your text and give this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources