Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Estado de slide

Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenos días, tengo una gran duda.

¿Alguien me puede ayudar diciéndome como se guarda el avance de slide en captivate?, es decir, si ya vi una animación de slide, que al volver no me muestre nuevamente la animación, sino a donde quedo, ósea el final desde el inicio no nuevamente desde el principio. Gracias.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translation is not very well for your question, so I am just guessing a little bit. I don't know what you mean by 'slide trailer'? Maybe post a screenshot. I understand something is not playing the same way as the first time when you return to the slide. Not sure what. By 'animation' do you mean an imported animatlion like OAM? Or is it an Effect created in Captivate? Adding a screenshot of the slide and the Timeline and indicate the object you do have issues with. Translated terminology in Spanish version of Captivate is totally unknown to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem occurs when revisiting a slide, as it redisplays the animation of the elements created with captivate.

Ideally, when returning to the slide, it should not show the animations of the elements again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have understood that from your original explanation but the terminology is not clear to me. Please post screenshots as I asked for. I want to see what you mean by 'animation of the elements' which you don't want on later visits. It probably can be done by navigation immediately to a later frame in the slide, based on a user variable which tracks the visits to that slide. That variable should be incremented On Enter of the slide, same as the navigation to a later frame. If you confirm my guesses by screenshots, will give you more details or point to a blog post like this:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/micro-navigation-introduction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animation of the elements' I refer to the effects of the elements in the timeline, if they were already played when starting that when returning to this same slide they are not played again.

Ideally, the slide should save the visited status.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's clearer now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a lot of effects, cannot see their duration but will try to explain how I would proceed, part of it I already mentioned:

• Create a user variable for that slide, with a default value of 0. I will call it v_visit. It will be incremented on each visit.
  • Check in the Timeline when the last effect has been finished, for the example in the screenshot that may be at 6 seconds. You'll use that in another variable to calculate the number of frames to skip on second and later visits: v_skip
  • You will need to store the first frame of the slide in another user variable, will call it v_start. If you have the same requirement for more than one slide, this variable could be reused on all slides, contrary to the v_visit variable which needs to be unique for each slide where you need it.
  • You need an advanced action to be triggered On Enter for the slide. That action will need two decisions:
    First decision 'Always' is non conditional
    IF v_visit is greater than 1
        Expression cpCmndGotoFrameAndResume = v_start + v_skip
    ELSE
         Continue

Assign v_start with cpInfoCurrentFrame
       Assign v_skip with 6
       Increment v_visit by 1
       Expression v_skip = v_skip *cpInfoFPS      calculates the number of frames to skip
    Second decision 'Checkit' is conditional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, I will try to do it this way, it looks very complex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is the extra hurdle of the language of course. It is not that complicated, hope you tried to have a look at the introduction to Micro-navigation for which I posted a link before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources