Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit content default message

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Any idea of how to change the default text that shows after the content has been exited?

I have this:

Thank you for exiting the content. You may now navigate away from this content.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advisor , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

If you go to your published folder, you should be able to find a  goodbye.html  file.

Open that in a text editor and change that message. Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

The trick to creating a valid SCORM package zip file is that you DO NOT zip the folder in which the SCORM files and all the Captivate content files have been published.  If you to that, the imsmanifest.xml file that the LMS will be looking for inside the ZIP archive will be one level too far down inside the hierarchy of folders.   When the LMS SCORM API cannot file the manifest, it rejects the zip archive as an invalid SCORM, when the actual problem is that it wasn't correctly compressed.

So w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to your published folder, you should be able to find a  goodbye.html  file.

Open that in a text editor and change that message. Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stagprime. All located and changed. Had to publish as files vs Zip file...How to I now package this up as a valid SCORM file for our LMS?

Apologies, I'm new to captivate and ID, any help is greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make this a SCORM package you'll need to enable the reporting in your preferences for the project. Then select your settings as appropriate before publishing.

As a side note - you can also modify the files from within the zip folder without republishing.

Your SCORM package will be a zip file so you will need to do that again prior to uploading to the LMS

Stagprime_0-1591790946683.png

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for your time.

We have reporting set up and have no issue with the currently uploaded SCORM packages, they work with the default message.

When I extract the zip file (or export new from captivate as file or Zip as SCORM), replace goodbye.html and then rezip/compress (externally to Captivate), when re-uploaded to LMS they are not a valid SCORM package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this process and see if it helps

1. Publish project as SCORM
  2. Open the zip folder (Do Not Extract)
  3. Right-click on  goodbye.html
  4. Choose  Edit
  5. Make changes as needed to the message.
  6. Save the file.
  7. Close the file
  8. You may get a message that says the file was modified and asks if you want to update it in the archive. Click OK to confirm
  9. Close the zip folder
  10. Upload to LMS and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are using The Windows file explorer for this? We are 100% mac in the studio here, unable to view /edit the contents of ZIP files without opening (extracting).  Will look for a ZIp application solution.

Thanks again for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about all the subtle nuances of a Mac.

Personally, I use 7zip on a Windows platform and it allows me to navigate the archive without extracting but I do not believe that has a Mac version.

Perhaps someone else with more Mac background can offer a good, comparable archive utility for MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the easiest option in the long run if this will be a consistent need would be to modify the  goodbye.html  file that is used when packaging so that all your publishes get the new file.

I cannot say where to find that in a Mac installation though - sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked perfectly! Thank you again for helping me out 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick to creating a valid SCORM package zip file is that you DO NOT zip the folder in which the SCORM files and all the Captivate content files have been published.  If you to that, the imsmanifest.xml file that the LMS will be looking for inside the ZIP archive will be one level too far down inside the hierarchy of folders.   When the LMS SCORM API cannot file the manifest, it rejects the zip archive as an invalid SCORM, when the actual problem is that it wasn't correctly compressed.

So what you have to do is GO INSIDE the folder where the published files are located, select ALL files found there, and then (with Winzip) right-click the selected group and choose the menu option to create a single zip archive of all those files.  Give it whatever name you want, but the end result must be that the manifest file is located at the root level of the zip archive.  

Then if you had no problem getting the LMS to accept those files as a valid SCORM file when they were previously zipped, you should be good to go.  When Captivate creates the SCORM zip, it does it this way too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense. I was rezipping the original Unzipped folder, hence adding another level. Will test this and get back to you.

Thanks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Worked first time. Thanks again for advice and solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good catch, Rod.

Rezipping and creating bad structure.

Since a SCORM already creates a zip - I was wording things the way I was to attempt not unzipping at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources