• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting/transcribing audio from published Captivate courses

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I need to recreate two Adobe Captivate courses.  These courses contain audio narration.  The problem is, I don't have access to the source files.  I can only access the courses through my employer's LMS.  Is there any way to export the audio narration from the published courses?  Or, is there a free software tool I can use to transcribe the audio narration?  I'm not hopeful, but I thought I would ask.  It will be really painful to manually transcribe the audio narration, especially since there is no pause button in these courses.  I'll have to keep replaying the slides.

Thanks in advance,

Shannon Siwicki

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you recreating these courses because they were originally in SWF Flash format, or are they currently in HTML5 and you need to recreate to change the content?  This may be important because all of the audio files in an HTML5 course sit inside a single folder on the server and you might be able to jsut get the IT Admin person to pull them out for you.  However, the audio in an SWF project is locked up inside the compressed SWF file and not so easy to extract.

There are software apps out there that help with transcription.  I haven't used them so I cannot recommend any.  But the usual comment I have seen is that they still require a fair amount of rework.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply, Rod.  The courses are HTML5.  I need to recreate them because the content is changing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Well, like I said, if you can get hold of the original SCORM zip file that was uploaded to the LMS and then extract that ZIP you will find all of the audio files inside one of the sub folders.  Your LMS admin or server admin should be able to get hold of the files for you.  You will also find any graphics or images from the project inside other folders there but recreating the entire project will still be quite a large project even once you have found the assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources