Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Extra characters appearing with words in Spanish

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am in Captivate, I am starting a new project from Power Point which is completed in Spanish. When I move it into Captivate it is adding different characters into the slides. It started with various question marks and then I changed all the font to Arial and now it is adding in boxes in random places behind words. Any help on how to get the slides into Captivate without the added characters! I need to have these projects done by morning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Captivate forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is very rare not to get an answer within 24hrs on this Captivate forum (which I moderate daily).  Being Flemish I know about the problems which can occur with non-English languages which need a more complicated keyboard due to the need of combination characters (like the ñ  i mañana) or, in your case adding the (also for me unusual) flipped question mark.

However I cannot help you in this case, because I NEVER use PPT import, due to its many limitations. You probably bumped onto one of those. Captivate is not a PPT converter, and if you needs an application for such conversion you would better turn to a real PPT plugin like iSpring.  On import in Captivate each PPT slide becomes sort of a movie slide where the animations of PPT are being mimicked. There is no way to see and control individual elements like text.  Are you using a Spanish Captivate version? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines