• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to Preview in SCORM cloud

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.  I frequently get the LMS preview error in Captivate 2019  "Failed to Preview in SCORM cloud."  I have cleared cache in both my Temp folder and Adobe Cache folder and have also checked for spaces on  any Advanced Interaction names.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this please? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cjh57006

I can't say why your preview in SCORM cloud failed. Too little can I know about the particulars of your project.

I have i.e. an issue with CP's preview in SCORM cloud, because I manupulate the index.html in Captivate's application folder (HTML/index.html) where I add a reference to a special javascript file in which the moduleReadyEvent is triggered. This doesn't work when I preview in SCORM cloud.

But when I use the SCORM Cloud from Rustico this mechanism works fine. You can create an account on SCORM Cloud for free and you get a Course Storage Limit of 100Mb and a Registration Limit of 10 Active Registrations. The Account Type is called The Trial. I would advise you to publish your project as a SCORM Zip and upload it to something like SCORM Cloud and see if there's a problem as well.

You could also use the Moodle Cloud where you get even more generous storage and learners space for free.

good luck

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Captivate ae you using? You find full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 11.0.1.266

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with version 11.5.0.476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the bug patch (Help, Update) to 11.5.1.499

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

captivate errors.pngI ran the update and now I can't even open Captivate. Getting 4 different errors all starting with AdobeCaptivate.exe - Entry Point Not Found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update recommended did not work with the enterprise installation of Captivate.  After running it and losing Captivate, I found out from others using the program they had the same result.  My IT department installed the latest version of Captivate for me but the probem still happens occasionally.  The IT rep has opened a ticket with Adobe for assistance.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, can you let me know how this all ended?  as Im getting the same error.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not end as I'd wished.  Had a conference call with their tech and my IT department.  Basically they said it's going to happen.  It is not expected behavior, but it will happen.  It still happens, most times I cannot preview in SCORM, but will use one of the other preview modes.  It is our best practice to always preview in SCORM to ensure everything works correctly in our LMS, but I am still unable to do so.  Wish I had better news for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello and thank you for the quick reply. NOT the answer I was hoping for but owell. 🙂

Whn you say "one of the other preview modes" do you mean the ones offered in the captivate program? 

HTML5? SWF?  Agreed that its best practice to view the way the actual use will SEE our creation as intended.

Thanks again.  Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has started to happen to me after I signed up for trial of Adobe Captitvate Prime LMS.  I get the same error that it failed.

I am running 2019 Release 11.5.1.499 and I have checked and there are no updates.

Is there a fix to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The quickest fix you are going to find is just to publish your project as a SCORM zip and then just upload it to SCORM cloud the normal way.  As long as your project output is not larger than the maximum size you can easily test it this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources