Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error during Screen Capture process

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I get captures for a project, I am capturing screenshots (I'll have captured 10 for example) and then it stops and gives me the following error message: A fatal error has occurred and the application is being terminated. Adobe Captivate has tried to save all your work in the respective project folder as ".cpbackup" files. Please restart Adobe Captivate. When it saves the backup it's only 1 screenshot???

When I click OK, the software closes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Captivate in the past to get past other errors. I have the latest Captivate 2019 and the latest update. Need some assistance as I continue to run into various errors such as the one above and I can't get any work done.

Appreciate any insight or help.

Thanks much,

Stefanie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the latest updates for your Captivate version? If not, that would be a first step.

Are you launching Captivate with Run As Administrator privileges?  If not, that's essential for screen capture tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Yes, I have the latest updates. For the 2nd, how do I launch Captivate with Run as Admin? I have never heard if having to do that. Any insight is appreciated. 
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the Captivate icon in the programs list, then find the option to Run As Administrator.  If you cannot find it in the programs start up list, navigate to the Program Files directory, then Adobe > Adobe Captivate [your version], find the Captivate.exe file and right click that to find the option on the Properties dialog.

Then reboot your computer before launching Captivate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the additional information. All appears to be working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources