• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fatal Error when Publishing to EXE in Captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a fatal error every time I try to publish to an exe in Captivate 2019.  I can open the project, view the project and preview but I cannot publish to an exe.  I was able to do it this morning, made a few small spelling changes and now it crashes every time.  What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to clean the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder. Run the 'CleanPreferences...' file while Captivate is closed.

I hope you are aware of the fact that EXE is built on SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.  I tried clearing the cache as well.  No luck.

Yes, I am aware of the SWF but this is just for an approval.  It will be published in the end as HTML5 in LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it is just for approval, the look of the SWF-based EXE could be quite different from the final HTML look. Why not upload the HTML folder to a website and provide the URL?

I don't know what causes your issue with EXE publishing. Did you update the OS recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to publish to other outputs (e.g. HTML5) or does it do the same thing?

If you can publish to other outputs that would indicate that the CPTX file is not corrupt and perhaps the issue you are experiencing with publishing to EXE is related to those other changes you mentioned you made just before this happened. You may have inadvertently chosen to name some object using a reserved keyword.  Are you able to roll back to an earlier version of your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I can publish to everything but EXE.  I thought it might be related to those changes but I literally just fixed the spelling on 2 words.  Unfortunately I am not able to roll back.  I even tried to use the backup file and it still won't let me publish to exe.  I just copied all of the slides and pasted them into a new project and I was able to publish it that way.  Sometimes Captivate is so weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources