Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash report from my LMS administrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

My LMS admin sent me a report for Flash files within modules.  In every module, it flags "haloSkin1_as3_progressive.swf" as a Flash file.  I think this is my embedded video.  I published as HTML5 and it works...now.  But I need to know if this will cause issues after Flash dies at end of year.  I get my videos from the company videographer (who uses Adobe to edit and render.)  Is there something he needs to do differently to give me videos that aren't .swf?

Sorry - I'm not very good with the technical lingo or the "back end" of Captivate.  Thanks for any advice you can give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the playbar. No worries, normally when published to HTML5 will be fine (they have some magic around also for interactions to have compatibility with HTML5). Sorry, didn't try to explain the magic, but I am confident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources