• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fluid Box Text Pop Out Icons appearing when not needed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are developing some responsive training and have encountered a weird bug with the text pop out icons that appear when using fluid boxes.

We have made all the optimization fixes(setting minimum font size, deleting extra empty lines and characters, etc) but what seems to happen is that at certain resolutions, right before the font resizes, the icon will appear even though there is still space in the box. It will actually disappear if I scale down a few more pixels and the font resizes. 

Has anyone encountered this? Is there anyway to keep this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Murdoch83

I know this happens in Cp Responsive Projects. Text fits, is completely visible and this damn Expand Text icon unnessecarily appears. Make the browser window a little smaller, the icon disappears.  There's no logic.
Sometimes checking the option Enable uniform text scaling in the Property panel helps a bit. Maybe you've did that already, but didn't mention it as an optimization fix.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I always edit for fluid boxes is the minimum font size. It is set to 14pt which can easily be reduced to 10pts (minimum in Breakpoints view workflow) or even 8pts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you attempting to use?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Roboto, Regular and Bold.
The size for paragraph level content is 24px(I know it's large, but it's what they want) with a minimum of 14px

Robert 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert, I removed your personal information. Just a word of advice. Remove your signature text when replying to these posts via email.

I asked about the font because some users will attempt to use fonts that were intended for print and not screen Roboto is the default font for Android devices so you should be fine. I would just continue to experiment with the font size and any margin settings you have. In the end you may have to tell your client that 24-point fonts for body text is just too large for the amount of screen space available. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources