• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GeoLocation not working.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to call the variable cpInfoGeoLocation (window.cpAPIInterface.getVariableValue('cpInfoGeoLocation')) the variable is undefined. I have turned on location tracker in both Chrome and Firefox (Mac OS 10.10), and tested it on local and public server. Is there a setting inside Captivate 8 I have to turn on in order to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Oh, and you also may need to click the Window menu and open the Mobile Palette and enable Geolocation.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In the examples I've seen, you first create a variable that is used with this. For example, create a variable for UK, then during the creation process, you define the Latitude, Longitude and the Accuracy. Then in your Captivate, you use the variable in an Advanced Action. Perhaps look at the example supplied with Captivate. Click that little icon in the upper left of the start screen.and open the Cloudair_SoftSkills sample project and look at its Variables and Advanced Actions.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and you also may need to click the Window menu and open the Mobile Palette and enable Geolocation.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thank you for the help. The problem was that I did not had geolocation activated in the mobile palette. Cheers Daniel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've created the project for both audiences, adding the geolocation features is very easy. First, choose Window > Mobile Palette to open the Mobile Palette dialog box.adobe-location

Select Geolocation and then click the OK button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you repeat the answer that was already marked as correct answer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources