• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone tested Adobe Captivate on macOS Ventura

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's that time of year again where we have a new macOS - and where there has been no word from Adobe whether Captivate will work on it or not. Now, I won't bring up all the reasons why you shouldnt upgrade right now, why the Captivate team seem to not realise a new OS is coming, or why they know but ignore it (even though they would have access to developer previews months in advance). Those discussions have been had with the last three major OS updates.

Instead - if you have decided to give it a try anyway, or installed the new OS without realising the history - I'd like to hear if it is working for you!

And for anyone wondering - generally a version of Captivate cerrtified for the new OS will not be released until December or January (or later) based on previous years.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

I decided to install MacOS Ventura, as I now use parallels desktop, so I have a backup if the mac version of Captivate does not work.

I'm happy to report that Captivate is running fine on MacOS Ventura - no issues whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Captivate on Ventura and I cannot record video or open any blank new projects.
Since I just migrated over from Windows I don't know if it worked on mac OS before Ventura, but I am definitely having problems.

Support person hung up on me, but I think it was an accident as he disconnected mid-sentence.
I can't get him back on the line. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew, what about the comment from stapeliad? Do you have the same problem? 😬 Or is it still working for you? 👋 The harddrive on my Mac crushed these days and now iam not sure if i am should stuck to Big Sur or not?

Thanks in advance! //Ralp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up rolling back to Monterey OS.
And I had the same issues!!  Call Adobe tech support, they were very good.
They gave me a new installer package-- which also did not fix the issue!!  Then they gave me a different version of Adobe AFL Framework and that fied all the issues.

This is something Adobe is aware of but it took a few calls to sort it out.
And they will only help you if you are on Monterey. (And they have to help you since Monterey is supported.)

I suspect- but cennot verify- that the new files they gave me would also resolve the issue on Ventura.

In my case it was the Adobe AFL framework file and this was not something I could have fixed on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources