• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! How to create a highlighter or underline interactive tool for the user.

Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am designing a captivate presentation that focuses on embedding questions and feedback directly in the material. However, I would like for the user to be able to highlight or underline text. How do I go about creating this kind of tool? I am new to Captivate, so please help me understand. This is for my doctoral dissertation.

Here is an example of a screenshot that I would like to recreate:

Picture 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post the same question twice on this forum.

What you ask is not possible in Captivate.  It might be possible to create in Flash, but only with advanced programming skills.  Not straight out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

I'd like to know the usecase here. Are you planning to send those highlighted text back to the author? Or is it just highlighting during runtime, but that may not be of so much help.

Thanks,

Vish

@vish_adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick response.

I do not need to record the highlighted text; I only need for the user to be able to highlight the text on the screen he/she feels is important. Does this help?

Thanks again,
AR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to create a widget that covers the whole scene and allows the user to draw on top of the slide with a semitransparent 'marker'. Like this: http://comptools.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/edit_screen.jpg.

It is not that easy to make it stick to text only (like this: http://main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/dir/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/image12.png).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, 

where to find this widget please? 

I am still looking for an answer for this question.

Highlighting infos in Texts is very important in E-Learning

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You posted this in a very old thread.... please start a new thread if you want to get an answer. Situation has completely change. There were lot of widgets when everything was published to SWF. Not the case for HTML5 output.

BTW I do not agree with your last sentence. I avoid long texts in eLearning... use an added pdf if it is really necessary to replace a book by a digital copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources