Exit

Help me please! Adobe Captivate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Thank you for reading my topic.

Firstly, I'm so sorry if my English is not fluently. Secondly, I've got a problem and can anybody help me please: 

[edited]

I've got a simple project for my pupils: choose the correct answer from 3 buttons.

The problem is: when you click into the correct button - hold your mouse - then drag the mouse to another button - and release your mouse => it will choose a wrong answer.

By script: I want my action to be happened when the event: onMouseDown (when and where you click the left mouse); meanwhile captive default event is: the action will start on event: onMouseUp (when and where you release left mouse).

Example: I drag "audio button" and drop it to "con cho button", it will go to wrong action that I need. And it happens with all of buttons.

How can I fix this? Here is my video demo. You can see it clearly from: 0:07 - end.

Many thanks ❤️

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will try to help.

Did you originally start this slide as a Drag and Drop slide and then change your mind?  Now you just want the learners to click or tap the buttons, not drag them?

If you are saying that you DO NOT want the audio button to be a drag and drop object, then the way to fix this is to open the Drag and Drop panel (from the Windows menu in Captivate) and remove that button as a Drag Source, or else just delete the entire Drag and Drop interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

Now I just want the learners to click or tap the buttons, not drag them. 

And I start this slide don't as a Drag and Drop slide. You can test by create random 4 button with different action like i do. And you can see exactly what happens.

Please tell me if you want more information and help me please.

Thank you so much.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anybody can help me? 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love to help you and many users get an answer rather quickly.  Our problem with your question is that we do not understand what happens. Rod already pointed this out, hoped that he could understand better because I am not a native English speaker as he is.

I understand that the language and terminology can be one of the causes for this misunderstanding. It could help if you inserted screenshots or a small video recording to show the problem. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pesao provided a little more information to me about what was actually happening. 

The user was clicking the mouse button DOWN on one button, then dragging the mouse over to another button, before THEN releasing the mouse again.  The user was expecting the button action assigned to the first button to be executed, but in fact it executed the action for the second button.  The thought this was a bug.

However, the way Captivate works is that a button action is executed on MOUSE UP, not MOUSE DOWN.  Since the mouse cursor was over the hit area of the second button, it was that button's action that was executed.  This is normal behaviour, not a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources