• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with multistate objects

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am doing a Click and Reveal using multistate objects. I have four items on the screen but I only need the user to click three of the correct buttons in order for the next button to appear. I created the interaction by naming the slide "multistate" and then the multistate objects were the corresponding names of the buttons. However, I can't seem to figure out how to set it up without having to click all four answers.

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be a really broad explanation here but the general approach on this would be to create a variable that would increment when you click each of the buttons and then run a check on the variable - which - if it is equal to three would show the next button.

To prevent the variable from continuing to increment when the learner clicks the same button multiple times, you could create additional variables for each button to track if it has been clicked already or not. Then set your increment conditions to only happen when the button tracker is equal to 0.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you use a counter variable, which would make it necessary to disable the clicked button to prevent multiple clicks, or three Boolean variables, one for each click, it is most important that you embed the checking condition as second decision in eachof the actions triggered by thte buttons. Since you need to click 4 times, I suspect that the conditional action happens before the assigning or incrementing of the variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was trying to stay away from executive advanced actions, because I am creating this as a template for someone. They are creating a series of questions where the learner needs to click a certain number of items in order for the button to appear. That is why I did it by just labeling the slide as multistate; so that all she would have to do is change her incorrect answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now it is getting very confusing. Interactive objects can never be states in a multistate object. For what you want to do either shared/advanced actions are necessary or JS. Conditional appearance of the Next button always requires variables and conditional actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources