• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with quiz - yes or no

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a training course with a yes or no acknowledgment slide at the end (set up like a quiz). Basically the user will progress through all the slides and then click either 'yes' or 'no', then 'submit', at the end to say they comply with the regulations within. If they click 'yes' I need the LMS to report as 'complete' and if they click 'no' I need it to report as 'in progress'. Please can someone tell me what preferences within quiz reporting or other back end areas to tick so this works correctly. It is difficult for me to test as I do not have access to the LMS data so currently a bit of a stab in the dark. Thank you

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need access to your own LMS to test this.  You can always sign up for a free test account with SCORM Cloud to test any SCORM module up to 100 megabytes in size.

As far as testing how to do this, just set the YES button on the acknowledgement slide to be assigned a Success score when clicked.  (I am assuming if the person clicks NO they fail right?)  Then set your 'quiz' settings to require a 100% passing score.  The only way the learner would achieve that is by clicking that YES button at the end of the module.

As far as having the module report In Progress if the learner fails to click the YES button, that may depend more on the settings in your LMS.  It depends whether or not the LMS regards the course module as In Progress or Failed when a learner does not achieve a passing score.  You need to talk to your LMS Administrator.

In similar situations that I have encountered with LMSs that would fail the learner for not achieving a passing score, the easiest way to ensure their course remained In Progress was simply to make it impossible to complete the module without achieving a pass.  To do this, set Quiz Attempts in Captivate to Unlimited Attempts, turn on the Retake Quiz button and place it directly on top of the Continue button on the Quiz Results slide.  That way, the learner can ONLY progress beyond the Quiz Results slide and complete the module if they pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

thanks for your reply and advice re Scorm cloud, I have activtated it and all good. However my course is still not behaving the way I want it to. It is not marking as complete even when the Yes button (allocated points) is clicked. Where am I going wrong? Can you help me? Here are my settings.Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.22.41.pngScreenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.22.49.pngScreenshot 2021-08-17 at 23.23.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered this in the other thread you posted.  Please do not double-post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Thanks so much for your help. The solution is not working - wondering if I am doing something wrong, perhaps not ticking something quite simple within the settings. Even though the score is only on the 'yes' button it is still not reporting as complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the other thread you posted.  There's no point in me answering the same question on multiple threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources