Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hidden button shows upon quiz reveiw

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest vers, 64 bit

I have a quiz where i use the lil eye to hide a (shape used as a) button. they click in the wrong place enough times the button will show itself via advanced action scrpit. This works exactly how I want it UNTIL the student reveiws the quiz. The buttons are all showing and I cant figure how to make them hidden upon reveiw. I know it must be possible because we did a slightly jankier version of this with clickboxes and highlight boxes, and they are all hidden upon reveiw. No Java or anything is used to re hide the boxes in the old version either.

the button set up is: click box over shapde used as button [shape1]. shape1 hidden via eye. clickbox has 2 attmpts. on last attmpt: adv action: show [shape1]. click shape1 and go to next slide. rinse and repeat on each slide. only the clickbox shows in quiz grading.

janky vers: clickbox1, highlight box, clickbox2. clickbox1 has 2 attmpts. upon fail exacute script: show highlight box, show clickbox2. clickbox 2 not in quiz grade, upon click go to next slide. rinse and repeat on each slide. OR at least thats all I can see looking at all the properties, I'm not the one who made it all. Because again, on this one when they choose to reveiw at the end those highlight boxes are hidden still. I tried very hard to make sure all the setting and actions for the clickbox2 & highlight box were re-done, but all in one convenient button.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Project upgrade , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very difficult to read and understand. Please try to write in sentences, using Capitals and punctuation marks. I am not a native English speaker and it takes a lot of time figuring out a text like you write.

Please post screenshots if you have issues with English: Timeline panel, Advanced action script...

Why use a click box over a shape, instead of using the shape itself as button? 

Instead of hiding objects in output with the Eye button in the Properties panel, use the On Enter event of the slide to hide everything you want to be hidden. That is a much safer approach.

If you want to have items visible in Review mode, also use the On Enter event to trigger a conditional advanced or shared action based on the value of the system variable cpInReviewMode. That is a Boolean, will get the value 1 automatically when the Review button is clicked. Be careful to structure the decisions in the advanced/shared action correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources