• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide quiz submit button until audio finishes duration.

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to have audio play all the way through it's duration before the submit button appears on a quiz slide? I'd like to prevent the user from clicking on the quiz submit button until they've listened to the audio and made a selection.

This will be used on a set of 15 random question slides that are pulled from a pool of quiz questions with shuffled answers.

I'm also using adobe captivate 2019 on windows 10.

Thanks,

- Hunter 

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Audio and video , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a client a few years ago who wanted a similar situation. The only solution I could come up with was to position the submit button outside of the slide. I set the motion path start time to an amount past the audio narration. I also set the duration of the motion path to be so short it essentially just appeared. It worked to my client's satisfaction but in the end, we returned to a normal question slide because employees complained. I don't recall if they were in a pool and displayed through random question slides or not but you can certainly try that approach.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some details are lacking. The most important: are you talking about a responsive or a non-responsive project? I have described a tweak in a blog post for both situations:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/04/quiz-tweak-2-slide-audio/

It is much easier for a non-responsive project, because of the possibility to stack objects. For the Fluid Boxes it is a lot tougher to achieve, and needs extensive testing. I do double-check every workflow posted on my blog consciously. 

Since you are using random questions, this needs to be done for each question in the question pools. The possibilities and limtations of random questions are described in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/random-questions-dos-and-donts

Do not forget to move the pausing point in each question near the end of the slide, or to change the default Continue action to 'Go to Next Slide'. That pausing point is not stopping slide audio, I presume you are talking about slide audio because that is not mentioned in the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources