Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide/Show Motion path greyed out

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a project where I am trying to do a motion, exit, collapse to left. It is going too far to the left and the show motion path is greyed out. I can not figure out why and how to fix it...

TOPICS
Advanced actions , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Collapse to Left is not a motion effect, sure that you showed the correct screenshot? That is an Exit effect, without a motion path. If you try ExitOutLeft you'll see a motion path.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you offer some more details, please, because I have never seen this problem mentioned so far anywhere.

What is the version you are using? Please give the full version number, as you find under Help, About Captivate. Which OS? Are you talking about a responsive or a non-responsive project?

Did you already try to clean the Preferences? And clear the cache? More info here:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-for-troubleshooting

Not sure this will solve this particular issue, but worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like i am using version 11.5.5.553

Here's what I'm seeing:

cap.png

As you can see I can't change the path. 

I was trying to make it a button and have the action go after clicking, but I simplified it just to see if I could get it to work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collapse to Left is not a motion effect, sure that you showed the correct screenshot? That is an Exit effect, without a motion path. If you try ExitOutLeft you'll see a motion path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooooh ok! I guess I assumed they all had a path to manipulate it more. 

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not always clear. There is a Motion category, all of those have a motion path. But as I told, some effects in Entrance/Exit have motion paths, others have combined Basic effects. There it is not always clear.You cannot detect it from the name BTW, if you are into effects, maybe this posts could be interesting for you:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/how-to-use-custom-effect-in-actions

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fractioning-custom-motion-paths

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources